Our philosophy at Jersey Jack Gelato is based upon the few simple objectives of tradition, excellence and innovation. We strive to maintain the artisan tradition of true Italian Gelato making.
Our artisanal approach is based upon hand crafted recipes and a constant search for the finest of ingredients.
Founder of Jersey Jack Gelato
The Jersey Cows
At Jersey Jack Gelato we strive to meet the demands of being an Artisan and adopt the philosophy to ensure our customers experience the true taste of authentic Italian Gelato.
We constantly search for the finest ingredients and have an intimate relationship with our suppliers.
Our milk comes from a single heard Jersey cows, renowned the world over for their quality, creamy product witch is sought after by cheese and Gelato makers alike.
We pay homeage the jersey cow by adopting the name ‘Jersey” for our business; after all, they are our partner.
5 Fun Fact About Jersey Jack Gelato
1. Our milk is supplied from a single herd of Jersey cows which are renowned for their high quality milk, it’s creaminess and flavour. A perfect match for Gelato !
2. All ingredients and suppliers are Halal Certified, our own Halal application is in process.
3. We have over 70 flavours of Gelato and Sorbet which customers can try before making their choice.
4. We create small batch, exclusive custom flavours for special events and commercial customers such as hotels and restaurants. We can match the Gelato or Sorbet to the theme of the event
5. Mobile 1930’s Victorian era inspired Gelato Tricycle’s available in major tourist locations and upon request for product launches, birthdays, weddings, family days and conferences
Facts About Gelato:
- Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream and can be directly translated as ‘Frozen’
- A common misconception is that Gelato contains gelatine, this is not the case, the basic ingredients are sugar, cream, milk and sometimes egg yolk.
- Creaminess: Gelato is creamier, smoother and silkier, as well as denser and more elastic and fluid, than ice cream.
- Butterfat, air and flavour: Ice cream contains at least 10 percent butterfat and usually has between 14 and 25 percent. Meanwhile, Italian gelato includes only about 9 percent fat. Yet gelato also contains less air than ice cream — that helps keep it dense, fluid and creamy. And having less butterfat to coat your palate allows the flavours to emerge more.
- Temperature: Another flavour enhancer: Italian gelato is served warmer than ice cream so your mouth is less numb and better able to taste it.
- Gelato is a premium product with no artificial enhancers or preservatives.
Facts About Sorbet:
- Sorbet is a type of Gelato which is 100% fat free, the basic ingredients are sugar, water and fruit.
- The majority of Sorbet’s are fruit flavours as the addition of milk/cream reduces the taste of the fruit.
- Sorbet is vegan, it can be enjoyed by people who are lactose intolerant and those on a no fat diet.
- High quality Sorbet is just as creamy, smooth and dense as Gelato.
- Italian Sorbet uses only fresh fruit, no artificial flavorings, coloring’s or paste.