‘’a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand, (of food or drink) made in a traditional or non-mechanised way using high-quality ingredients’’.
At Jersey Jack Gelato we have based our philosophy upon reviving the skills of the traditional Artisan.
In recent years many people have lost faith in the quality of mass produced foods, numerous scandals involving additives, miss-representation, genetically modified and poor nutritional ingredients have created a desire to return to an era where people knew what they were eating, where it came from and who made it.
People made their choices based upon quality and trust in the Artisan, not just convenience.
Facts About Gelato:
- Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream and can be directly translated as ‘Frozen’
- A common misconception is that Gelato contains gelatine, this is not the case, the basic ingredients are sugar, cream, milk and sometimes egg yolk.
- Creaminess: Gelato is creamier, smoother and silkier, as well as denser and more elastic and fluid, than ice cream.
- Butterfat, air and flavour: Ice cream contains at least 10 percent butterfat and usually has between 14 and 25 percent. Meanwhile, Italian gelato includes only about 9 percent fat. Yet gelato also contains less air than ice cream — that helps keep it dense, fluid and creamy. And having less butterfat to coat your palate allows the flavours to emerge more.
- Temperature: Another flavour enhancer: Italian gelato is served warmer than ice cream so your mouth is less numb and better able to taste it.
- Gelato is a premium product with no artificial enhancers or preservatives.
– After Eight
– Amarena Cherry
– Chilli, Ginger & Lemongrass
– Belgian Chocolate
– Green Tea
– Gula Melaka & Coconut
– Christmas Pudding
– Colombian Coffee
– Cookies & Cream
– Madagascan Vanilla
– New York Cheesecake
– Saffron Risotto
– Salted Caramel
– Salt Gula Melaka
– Spiced Pumpkin
– Turkish Gelato
– White Chocolate
Facts About Sorbet:
- Sorbet is a type of Gelato which is 100% fat free, the basic ingredients are sugar, water and fruit.
- The majority of Sorbet’s are fruit flavours as the addition of milk/cream reduces the taste of the fruit.
- Sorbet is vegan, it can be enjoyed by people who are lactose intolerant and those on a no fat diet.
- High quality Sorbet is just as creamy, smooth and dense as Gelato.
- Italian Sorbet uses only fresh fruit, no artificial flavorings, coloring’s or paste.
– Assam boi with apple & Lime
– Cherry & Red Currant
– Chocolate & Orange
– Coconut & Belgian Chocolate
– Coconut & Green Tea
– Mandarin Orange
– Mangosteen & Grape
– Mixed Berries
– Orange, Apricot & Walnut
– Passion Fruit
– Pomegranate, Lychee & Mangosteen
– Strawberry Basil Mint
Fact About Yogurt:
- Yogurt is very similar to Gelato but has a higher buttermilk content.
- Yogurt can be served plain, with toppings or in an unlimited range of flavours such as Mango, Strawberry, Raspberry, Mixed berries etc.
Facts About Premium:
- Jersey Jack Gelato produces a range of Premium flavours, these flavours use only the finest ingredients, taste the difference !
- Pistachio is the king of Premium, made with pure ground Sicilian Pistachio.
- Some Premium flavours contain alcohol, all such flavours are made separately and are stored separately